Nordby Earthwork is currently seeking a highly skilled and experienced Earthwork Foreman to join our team. If you are looking for a challenging role with a reputable company, we encourage you to apply. In this position you will lead our earthmoving and excavation projects to successful completion while ensuring high-quality standards, safety, and client satisfaction.
- Project supervision: Lead and supervise a team of earthwork operators and laborers to ensure efficient and timely completion of projects.
- Site preparation and planning: Collaborate with superintendents to develop and implement effective strategies for site preparation.
- Equipment coordination: Coordinate the allocation and utilization of heavy machinery and equipment.
- Quality control: Conduct regular inspections and quality checks to ensure work is performed in accordance with project specifications, industry standards, and company guidelines.
- Safety compliance: Promote and enforce a strong safety culture, ensuring all work is conducted in accordance with safety regulations and company policies.
- Team coordination: Collaborate closely with other project stakeholders, including subcontractors, suppliers, and inspectors.
- Documentation and reporting: Maintain accurate records of project activities, including daily progress reports, equipment usage, and materials utilized.
- Experience and skills: Experience in earthmoving and excavation projects, with at least three years in a supervisory or foreman role.
- Leadership skills: Strong leadership abilities with the capability to motivate and manage a diverse team.
- Technical knowledge: Proficient in reading and interpreting project plans, blueprints, and grade stakes.
- Certifications: Possess a valid driver’s license and any relevant certifications required for operating heavy equipment. Additional certifications in safety training (e.g., OSHA) and supervisory training are highly desirable.
- Problem-solving abilities: Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills to handle project challenges and provide effective solutions. Ability to think critically and adapt to changing project requirements.
- Time management: Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Ensure adherence to project schedules and deadlines.
- Company: Nordby Earthwork
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Job Location: Santa Rosa, CA
- Salary: $85,000 – $115,000 Annually
- Benefits: 401K, Dental, Medical