As Project Manager, you will work closely with the Nordby Construction team of Superintendents in support of our construction projects in Northern California. The role will primarily consist of overseeing the management of project documents and collaborating with all key stakeholders. We are looking for someone who is well-organized and able to carry themselves in a professional manner as there will be numerous interactions with customers (owners, clients, etc.), consultants (architects, engineers, etc.), subcontractors, suppliers, Nordby office staff, and Nordby on-site staff (project managers, superintendents, etc.).
- Partner with the Superintendent to lead all aspects of the project
- Oversee, manage and maintain all project documents: RFIs, Submittals, Construction/ Permit Drawings, Specifications, Schedule Issuances, etc.
- Professional communication, collaboration, and coordination with project partners, design team, subcontractors, jurisdictions/ inspectors, vendors, and clients
- Project cost control, including but not limited to: Review, qualify, negotiate, and issue subcontracts, purchase orders and change orders. Preparing owner billings and future billing projections. Completing monthly status reports by project
- Anticipate, assess, manage and mitigate project risks
- Oversee and manage permitting submission and approval process
- Minimum 5 years as a Project Manager or experience working in a similar role
- Competent in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and Outlook
- Can easily read and comprehend project schedule/ Gantt charts, construction drawings, specifications, equipment cut books, trade shop drawings
- Has expertise in construction technical details and commercial construction within California
- Experience using PlanGrid, Autodesk Build, or Procore
- Company: Nordby Construction
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Job Location: Santa Rosa, CA
- Salary: $95,000 – $120,000 + Project Profit Sharing